GObject constructors

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way for GObject *constructors* (not
some_object_new, but some_object_constructor which is overridden in
class_init) to raise an error or somehow prevent the object from being
constructed if the right parameters aren't set... the object needs
certain CONSTRUCT_ONLY params set otherwise it should not create the
object. I looked through the API but couldn't find anything regarding
this. Thanks for any help!

Samuel Cormier-Iijima