Re: How to "find" custom engines

2006/12/6, Gabriele Greco <gabriele greco darts it>:
I want to use a custom engine in my gtk app, the problem is that I find
no way to tell GTK where my engine is located,

I guess is because you shouldn't do that, forcing the way the
application will look like means that your users cannot have a
consistent look an their destop.

You shoundn't think of it only in an "eye candy" way, but also think
of users that need to use accessibity themes like high/low contrast
etc. they probably will not be able to use your app.

If you haven't yet read the Accessibility and HIG guideline maybe you
will find interesting things.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/

ciao