Re: When are these g_io_channel_*() input conditions occurring ?

At 11:07 PM 12/5/2006, Philippe Bertin wrote:
Hello all,

This is a new thread, based upon a very recent thread in this list, and a some things I asked myself in the (recent) past when I programmed a g_io_channel watcher callback.

I used, for my GIOChannel, the condition G_IO_IN, in order to have my callback called whenever there was any input data available. Although I could imagine when one would possibly get any of both the G_IO_PRI (I guess the socket's O-O-B condition is triggering it ?) or G_IO_HUP conditions, still I had wondered when one would possibly get G_IO_NVAL ? Maybe that last one is only applicable in case of nonblocking operations ?

Closing write-end of the pipe causes G_IO_HUP.

Shutting down GIOChannel "without removing g_io_add_watch()" or closing the read-end of the pipe generate G_IO_NVAL.

I'm not quite sure G_IO_PRI.

I found out by writing a test application to (more) systematically test GIOChannel.

I must've missed some documentation ?

Kind regards,

PhB

That web site is really useful, but it didn't point out that you need to handle G_IO_HUP, G_IO_NVAL, (and maybe G_IO_PRI). Handling these helped my troubles, but I don't know if these have anything to do with your trouble.

--
Daniel Yek