how is libqtengine.so to be built from source ?

Hello,

I have gtk installed on my system. Also, I built gtk+ twice (versions 2.4.0 and 2.10.6) from sources, with other PKG_CONFIG_PATH's and all the rest, so that everything is neatly out of each other's way. However, in the last configuration (2.10.6), I am faced with the following warning(/error) :
Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtengine"

gdb showed me that my 2.4.0 version finds libqtengine.so where my distribution (!) had put it's own version (at /opt/gnome/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines/libqtengine.so)

And the newer version (i.e. 2.10.6) of gtk+ (which I put it at another prefix, like I told) doesn't find libqtengine.so any longer. Initially (when looking at ./configure's help options), I thought it was due to me not having built gtk+-2.10 with the option --enable-modules (which I hadn't done when compiling version 2.4.0 from sources neither, but that was passing unnoticed as it just hi-jacked my system's libqtengine.so).

So I reconfigured/rebuilt 2.10.6 with modules enabled. Still libqtengine.so wasn't put in any path gtk+ tries to find it in. So my question is : where can I obtain the appropriate version of libqtengine.so to build from source, and without having to install any rpm from my distribution ?

Kind regards,

PhB