Re: Finding Version of GTK installed

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 12:06:35PM -0500, David Vandepol wrote:
Thanks,  you're right, I am looking for a "run-time" type of detection to
see if the GUI for the installer will even show up.
The installer that I'm creating is Java based, and I'm trying not to mix
too many languages unneccessarily, is there any known way to fine the
versions in Java?  I've looked at API's but havn't been able to find
anything other than

GTKLookAndFeel.isSupportedLookAndFeel()  but that doesn't give enough
information to determine if the version is actually what my product
supports or not.

Well, it seems you are pretty much shielded from the
implementation -- I'm not sure how can you depend on
a particular Gtk+ version then.  But I suppose you just need
a particular feature or set of features to be present.

Isn't it possible to check for this feature directly (in
Java) instead of trying to figure out Gtk+ version and
inferring the features?  I mean, if it makes a difference
for your app, the difference should be detectable.

Yeti

--
Whatever.