Re: Finding Version of GTK installed

On 12/4/06, David Vandepol <vandepol ca ibm com> wrote:
mailing list a while ago, however I've come across another issue.  I can
determine if GTK is installed on the computer, however I'm having trouble
determining the version of GTK that is installed.  When GTK is installed

There are a number of ways of doing this. You can use pkg-config to
find the version of any package it knows about:

 john mm-jcupitt2:~$ pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --modversion
 2.8.20

That's the closest to the old gtk-config. In your running program you
can test the version you compiled against and are linked against:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Feature-Test-Macros.html

autotools can also check for versions for you with PKG_CHECK_MODULES.

John