Re: Adjusting GtkFileChooserDialog appearance

You can go in and mess with the contents of the dialog. Somewhere I think I have a function that "walks" the tree of widgets within it printing out relevant information.

Such a solution is completely and horribly non-portable between versions of GTK of course.

(So yeah, it would be great if GtkFileChooser had a few functions for accessing various logical component widgets.)

Reed

Vladislav Grinchenko wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to scale down the width of the GtkFileChooser dialog
to fit in 320x240 display geometry. One annoying thing is that the [+ Add][- Remove] buttons of the 'Places' left-side pane define its minimal width. There is no property to hide it all together (which I would like to do very much).

Instead, I thought I can get a hold of the buttons themselves and, let's say, take the Labels out and leave icons only.
Also, It would be totally nice to place 'Places' TreeView into a
GtkScrolledWindow.

But, of course, GtkFileChooser (or its parents) provides no properties
to manipulate all of that.

Perhaps, someone had faced same issues in the past and figured out
how to make the adjustments.
Thanks in advance for any ideas / code samples.
-Vlad