Re: Unsolved clipping problem

Tintin72 writes:
So when I move the slider a little fast I get clipping effect on
the edges (up or down) of the drawing area.

Could you explain more precisely what you mean? Do you mean that even
after you stop moving the slider your program looks wrong? Or just
intermittently during the scrolling? Do you have a screenshot? I can't
see any problem like you describe with your test program, and the
current versions of GTK+, Pango and cairo. (And not with GTK+ 2.8.10,
Pango 1.10.3, GLib 2.10.3 and cairo 1.0.0 either, for instance.) On
the other hand,

  gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(myApp.pScrollBar), myApp.pDrawArea, TRUE, TRUE, 0);

a GtkScrolledWindow is not a GtkBox. This line causes the warnings:

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkScrolledWindow' to `GtkBox'
Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `GTK_IS_BOX (box)' failed

I.e. the gtk_box_pack_start() function returns withou doing anything
at all. Don't you get these warnings?

--tml