Re: How to set the "window" widget's border to zero

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 02:31:05PM +0800, chao yeaj wrote:
      You know, the gtk_container_set_border_width function can set
the border's width of container

     but  ,when i use this function to set my application's main
window's border to zero ,
    I failed

gtk_container_set_border_width() works with GtkWindows the
same way as with any other GtkContainer.  And the default
border width *is* zero.

You probably don't want to change container border width at
all but change *window manager decorations* instead.

      I want my main window  has no  border ,how to achieve this ?

Cross your fingers and use

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-set-decorated

As usual, the window manager can ignore it (mine definitely
will).

Windows that lack decorations are much harder to move and
resize (even impossible with some window managers) so it's
generally a bad idea to disable them.

Yeti

P.S.: Since this is not your first question about changing
window manager behaviour, ensure you read and understood

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-x11.html#gtk-X11-arch

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.