Re: frequently updated pixbuf images disapear after a while

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:50:07 +0200
rupert <rupertt gmail com> wrote:

I assume its some unfread memory, but i havent really been able to track
this errors.

Not much of an expert either, here goes a suggestion:

I suspect you call that function each second. I don't see where you
release the pixbuf memory - maybe it's another function? Could it be that
you run out of memory and can't get new pixbufs anymore?

Maybe you can check that running 'top' while the program is running and
checking the remaining memory (or just the memory occupation). Also,  I
believe the new_pixbuf_from_file returns a NULL if there's a problem (you
don't check that).

John