Re: Sockets in GTK+?

Ah, thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for... i wonder why it
didnt show up on any google searches for gobject networking library.
hmm, whatever, at least i wont have to roll my own :-) (sorry for
weird puctuation, i`m using a weird canadian keyboard)
samuel

On 8/22/06, Edward Catmur <ed catmur co uk> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 19:19 -0400, Samuel Cormier-Iijima wrote:
> Note that however GNet does NOT use GObject, it rolls its own object
> type... I kinda wanted a twisted-like framework so that I could for
> example subclass a GNetServer or otherwise connect signals to it to
> respond to network events, and GNet doesnt let you do that in the
> GObject way. I`m thinking I might write my own possibly... but yea
> other than don`t think theres been much activity on GNet for a while,
> the mailing lists look dead. whatever,
> cheers

Take a look at GNetwork: http://ignore-your.tv/gnetwork/

It's GObject-based, fairly actively developed (by James Cape, a Gnome
Foundation member) and in Gnome CVS (module libgnetwork).

Ed