custom widget + xft drawable

Hi,

I'm trying to create custom widget using Xft drawable to render
data.

I've got standard example of using drawing area and it works fine,
when area is drawn using gdk_draw_arc (see attach test-gdkexpose.c).

However, when I try to render data by using Xft drawable (see attach
test.c), widget is empty. Moreover, when I resize window, or move it,
I see black box which I try to render by XftDrawRect for a short
period of time.

I think I missed something fundamental (clip lists, double buffering
or something similar), but can't find the information about it.

--
JID: dottedmag jabber dottedmag net