Re: GThread pid_t?

Luka Napotnik wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to use pthread_kill on a GThread but I don't have the
pid_t for that thread. How can I get it?

I had a similar issue several months ago. One _could_ go grubbing through the internal GThread datastructures, or further extend the GThread abstractoins (in my case I wanted CPU binding) but what I ended-up doing was inserting a shim routine in my thread launch path. When I started threads, they would make a platform-specific call to get the "native" thread ID and store that away, then execute the "real" thread start routine.

What I did should be somewhere in:

http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf4/trunk/src/

I think it will be in netlib.c - the routine is called "launch_pad"

rick jones