Re: GTK+- widget packing question

There are various options you have, when you create the boxes and when you pack widgets into them, which allow you to control how the widgets are packed, whether they are stretched etc. These are passed as TRUE or FALSE arguments to the functions. The GTK tutorial has a pretty good section describing how to get everything laid out as you want, and should contain all the info you need - http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/c374.html

Good Luck

James

BobS0327 wrote:

I'm using gtk_vbox_new and gtk_hbox_new to pack widgets on a window. My
problem is that the packing is too uniform. Every widget is assigned the
same uniform box size.

In other words, my first horizontal wdget would be a text box, the next
widget would be a listview and the third horizontal widget would again be a
text box. I wouid like to have each widget  be of a different vertical and
horizontal length. The text box would be one row horizontally, the listview
would be four rows horizontally and the next text box would again be one row
horizontally. How can I accomplish this nonuniform positioning?

Thanx in advance for any assistance offered

Bob