g_cond_signal from delete_event callback

Hi,

I have an app with two threads. I would like that when the user tries to
close the application by clicking in the x button (upper right corner) of
the window, the other thread pauses and the application goes to the panel. I
wrote a simple example and it worked (I performed a g_cond_signal from an
clicked event of a normal button).

Now I want to deliver this signal from the delete_event callback, but I need
to return TRUE to avoid the delete event to be propagated. So how can I
achieve this? Because when the g_cond_signal sentence is reached, the other
thread is unlocked and I get a big error.

Best regards