active window tracking

I am trying to track the Acive Window on my desktop at any given time. I need this information continuosly in
real time.

 Using the source for XWININFO and XKILL i can now get the list of the windows that are are open and not
minimized.

 But am still not able to get which window is active and has the focus.

 can anybody help me in how can i do it or how should i go about it

 Thanks
 Himanshu

 Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket