Auto resizing of children?

Hello,

Here is my dilema. I am using a scrolled window to contain multiple label
and combo box entry. The number of pairs is based on the users message
selection. If there are alot of them and you have to scroll then the combo
box is the size it should be. If there is three (the minimun number of
pairs) then is seems to resize everything to fit the maximum area that
doesn't need scroll capabilities. This make the combo boxes huge. Is there a
way to have it not do this and always use the defualt size of the children
instead of resizing everything to fit?

Attached is the image of my gui with the problem.