Mnemonic activation for widgets with separate labels

I'm trying to use Glade to create an app that has Gtk spin buttons, combo
boxes, and entry fields with separate labels packed in vertical or
horizontal boxes. I'm using the underline in the label to create a mnemonic
activation for the related spin button, combo box, or entry field, and
using the Label For and Labelled By to associate the labels and controls.
But when I run the app, I get a Gtk-WARNING that GtkVBox isn't suitable for
mnemonic activation. Is there something else I need to do to associate the
labels and controls, or to set up mnemonic activation for these controls?

Thanks.
Cathy Laws

IBM Accessibility Center, WW Strategic Platform Enablement
11501 Burnet Road,  Bldg 904 Office 5F017, Austin, Texas 78758
Phone: (512) 838-4595 or (512)838-2308, FAX: (512) 246-8502
E-mail: claws us ibm com, Web: http://www.ibm.com/able

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.