Re: GtkTreeView Search Popup

Am Donnerstag, den 29.09.2005, 12:46 -0400 schrieb Alex Levin:
Hello.  I have an application which has a very specific UI built into
it.  I have a GtkTreeView widget in which I would like to enable the
typeahead search functionality.  My problem is that if I use the
gtk_tree_view_set_enable_search function, a popup box with the letter
typed is displayed.  Does anyone know of any way to enable the
functionality but disable the popup?  Thanks in advance.

I don't think this is trivially possible. As soon as the popup is
created, it gets all the key events. No popup, no completion.
While I really wonder what the purpose of this inconsistency wrt other
GTK+ applications is, you can still do what Nautilus 2.12 does [1] (2.14
hopefully won't!) and keep around your custom typeahead buffer.

[1]
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/nautilus/src/file-manager/fm-list-view.c?r1=1.216&r2=1.217

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>