gtk label problem

Hi all,

I am very new to developing applications with gtk.

I am developing SIP stack as a gui using gtk+-devel-1.2.10

I have a label widget which displays a text (in my case, it is the
status of the SIP call)

Depending on the status of the call, the text in the label widget should
change.

The problem I am facing is that the text is changing some times and not
changing other times.

Do I need to do a refresh for the label widget/entire window?

I tried with gtk_widget_queue_draw(GTK_WIDGET(label)), but in vain.

Suggestions are required.

Thanks in advance,
B.Suganya