Children and precedence.

Is it possible to make a child window stay top level? I want the main window to be deactivated while certain child dialogs are open. I achieved this by using gtk_widget_set_sensitive(). Unfortunatly, If the user mistakenly clicks the screen out side of the dialog window, the parent window comes foreward covering the dialog. All input with this application will come from a touchscreen device... plus, I would not expect the user base to think of alt-tab .. also the program will run full screen without a window manager.. thus there will be no task bar unless I design one.

Thanks .