Re: Internationalization ???

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 07:42:19PM +0200, Rss Reader wrote:

is there another way to Internationalizate an
application without using gettext, because i'm not
using the autotools to build my projet.

You can, but unless you are going to customize Gtk+ to use
your home-grown 18n solution too (and reimplement gettext
along the way), it will be still using libintl for its own
i18n.  Not to mention I consider this idea extremely silly.

 Or could we i18ne it witout  using autotools, by
using gettext, is there any links ...???

Have you tried section Overview in gettext manual? It shows
all the essential programs, when they are used and what they
do.

Moreover, the standard gettext Makefile.in.in uses little of
the automake machinery and defines its own rules for
everything essential, so it should not be so hard to write
a non-autotools Makefile based on that.

Yeti

--
That's enough.