Re: how to reduce the size of tiny-x

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 10:08 +0530, sadhees kumar wrote:
Dear friends,
 I configured for tiny-x and compiled the X11 source, everything was right
but finally the size of my tiny-x was 113MB. Since i want to use this in an
embedded application it must be within 8MB.

You did something not quite right, then.  TinyX's binary should be about
1 MB.  The X libraries are probably another 600 KB or so.  Try stripping
the binaries.

Also check out the kdrive server from www.freedesktop.org.  it also
compiles down to about 1 MB and the X libraries less than that.

 Have anybody experianced this, if so please let me know it will be of great
help to me.
 Regards,
sadheesh kumar