Re: UI manager problem, more concise

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:51:26 +1000
Nick Watts <fatalglory gmail com> wrote:

Umm, lets see. I have a whole bunch of UImanager code, but none of it causes
an error until I get to this:

if (!gtk_ui_manager_add_ui_from_string (ui, ui_info, -1, &error))
{
g_message ("building menus failed: %s", error->message);
g_error_free (error);
}

The weird thing is that although I get a bunch of Gtk-CRITICAL errors in the
program, the GError error is not set and the message is not
displayed. Is there any problem with using the uimanager functions inside
the main() or gtk_main() functions of your program?

did you set 'error' pointer to NULL before calling
gtk_ui_manager_add_ui_from_string ?

--
HuamiSoft Hubert Sokolowski
http://www.huamisoft.com/