Re: Very slow gdk_draw_pixbuf

Hi, John --

The Linux guy and I investigated this somewhat thoroughly. It doesn't happen on any machine but mine. And if I SSH to another server, it doesn't happen either.

So, there's something peculiar to my machine ... running Win2K, Radeon 7800, IBM Thinkpad, 1700MHz. And it's even stranger because XClock shows completely black on my machine ... the hands should be multicolor.

We don't know what it is, but since it's peculiar to only my machine, the team wisdom is to pretend it's not happening at all. We can't hold up development of this product to troubleshoot the problem if the problem won't be happening elsewhere.

Fortunately, the group has enough experience with GTK and the other machines in the project to be able to reasonably make the judgement that the problem is confined to my machine.

I'd like to know what it is, but the problem has already set me back too far ... so I'm moving on.

Thanks for your help!