GtkTooltips event handler

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the correct list to ask these questions, is
something about gtk internals, but I don't think devel-list will
appeciate these kind of questions :) if not please let me know.

I was looking at gtktooltips.c to get some ideas on a custom tooltip,
to be implemented with pygtk but I have some troubles in understanding
this lines in the event handler function:

if ((event->type == GDK_LEAVE_NOTIFY || event->type == GDK_ENTER_NOTIFY) &&
      event->crossing.detail == GDK_NOTIFY_INFERIOR)

If I'm right here we check if the pointer leave or enter the widget,
but what is GDK_NOTIFY_INFERIOR?

thanks in advance

cheers
--