gtk+ 2.4.x Run Time

List,

I'm learning gtk for use on win32, and indeed there's a lot to learn.

I've been looking at gtk+ 2.4.x runtime and glib 2.4.x runtime.  The zip files contains 190 files and 10 Meg
of space.

I assume the zip files must be unzipped to some 'xxxxx' directory.  Then all of the zip files will be
unzipped to sub-directories under 'xxxxx'.

Is 'xxxxxx' the only directory to be added to the environmental variable 'PATH' ?

Is there other environmental variables which require changes?

Do all gtk+ applications require the distributions of the  gtk+ and glib runtime zip files.  This just seems
like a lot of files to support a gtk gui driven application to run on a win32 machine.

Need some assistance with my confusion!!!

Thanks,
MikeF