Re: How to determine Script from given Unicode text?

You may find this useful
http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/pango/pango-Scripts.html#pango-script-for-unichar
 There is a function called pango_script_for_unichar() which does precisely
what you want. it is supported from version 2.6 onwards.
 Thanks
Neelesh