Re: multiple calls to g_io_channel_read_line and g_free question

Colossus wrote:
[..]
g_io_channel_read_line ( ioc, &line, NULL, NULL, NULL );
//do some things on line
//shall I g_free (line) here ?
g_io_channel_read_line ( ioc, &line, NULL, NULL, NULL );
//ecc

My doubt is: shall I free line before the second call to
g_io_channel_read_line or I can call g_free ONCE when I don't need to
read anymore ?

see

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-IO-Channels.html#g-io-channel-read-line

"Reads a line, including the terminating character(s), from a GIOChannel
into a newly-allocated string."

"newly allocated string" means that for every call to
g_io_channel_read_line() new memory is allocated, so for every call you
have to free the string.

regards,
        Olivier