g_date_set_time error on folder selection

On Windows XP. I've got a GtkFileChooser widget set up with the
GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SELECT_FOLDER action. Whenever I go to the My
Pictures directory with the file chooser widget, I get a whole bunch of
identical errors that all say:

Glib-CRITICAL **: g_date_set_time: assertion 'ptm != NULL' failed

Why does this happen for certain directories? Is there a way to fix it? I
think it may be the same error that is causing Inkscape to crash when I try
to look at the My Pictures folder as well.