-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Boncek, John
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:47 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org; tommi komulainen nokia com
Subject: synthesize-key-press-event

I need to send a key-press-event or in some other way communicate the
equivalent of a keypress (not coming from the keyboard).  I found the
following postings in the gtk-app-devel-list archive about this, but the
link no longer works.  Can anyone send or post an example?

        how can I emit a key-press-event?
          _____

*       From: "Victor Chen" <chen shengqi connet com tw>
*       To: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
*       Subject: how can I emit a key-press-event?
*       Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:13:18 +0800
          _____

        Dear sirs:
            How can I emit a key_press_event to top level window in gtk+?
in windows we can use PostMessage. g_signal_emit_by_name crashed in second
exec.
            is there an example?
        thanks.

        Re: how can I emit a key-press-event?
          _____

*       From: Tommi Komulainen <tommi komulainen nokia com>
*       To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
*       Subject: Re: how can I emit a key-press-event?
*       Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:38:22 +0300

          _____

        On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 10:27, ext Tommi Komulainen wrote:
        > See the
        > attached file for an example.

        Hmm..  The attachment really was there when I sent this.  You can
find
        the file from the following address as well.

        http://tkomulai.iki.fi/synthesize-key-press-event.c

        --
        Tommi Komulainen <tommi komulainen nokia com>