From: Olivier Sessink [mailto:lists olivier pk wau nl]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:50 AM
To: flood
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: getting input each frame

flood wrote:
Hello, I have been developing an app using GTK to make the interface. The
problem I'm facing is that the program needs to check for input each frame
and based on that it needs to alter a few objects such as labels, however,
don't know how to check for external input because If I would say make an
infinite loop than I wouldn't be able to run gtk_main() without it
returning
control to my loop. What can I do to check for external input and gtk
input?

extrnal input as in files/pipes ?

check the GIO_Channel stuff in glib, it provides an event-driven
interface for such things

regards,
        Olivier Sessink