Transparent layer - Totem - Gdk

Hi everyone,

I've got this situation, hope someone can help me:

1) I need to create a transparent layer over Totem's video screen.
This layer must adjust itself to size of Totem's window, and obviously
must remain there while a video is being executed.
2) Preferably i'd like to do it with GdkPixmap, because i need to draw
some geometric figures, and so i'm relying on GDK functions that work
with GdkDrawable objects (it's based on Gromit[1]).

In case you think using GdkPixmap is not the best way out, could you
point me a better solution?

Thanks,
Tatiana

[1] http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/gromit/