Re: GtkTooltips event handler

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 23:38 +0100, Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrote:
Hi all,

I don't know if this is the correct list to ask these questions, is
something about gtk internals, but I don't think devel-list will
appeciate these kind of questions :) if not please let me know.

I was looking at gtktooltips.c to get some ideas on a custom tooltip,
to be implemented with pygtk but I have some troubles in understanding
this lines in the event handler function:

if ((event->type == GDK_LEAVE_NOTIFY || event->type == GDK_ENTER_NOTIFY) &&
      event->crossing.detail == GDK_NOTIFY_INFERIOR)

If I'm right here we check if the pointer leave or enter the widget,
but what is GDK_NOTIFY_INFERIOR?

GdkEventCrossing "is generated when the pointer enters or leaves a
window."

The field detail is a GdkNotifyType that shows "the kind of crossing
that happened (GDK_NOTIFY_INFERIOR, GDK_NOTIFY_ANCESTOR,
GDK_NOTIFY_VIRTUAL, GDK_NOTIFY_NONLINEAR or
GDK_NOTIFY_NONLINEAR_VIRTUAL)."

GDK_NOTIFY_INFERIOR means "the window is entered from an inferior or
left towards an inferior."

Quoted text is from the doc.
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Event-Structures.html

Regards.