Manual Menu Creation - Accelerator Groups

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a menu for my app manually.
No problems with the menu it works fine, but I don't quite
understand how to assign accelerator's to an item.

My question(s):
How do I add an accelerator to an accelerator group?
And how do I assign that accelerator to a particular menu item?

In the documentation gtk_accel_group_connect (...)
is described as "Installs an accelerator in a group.."
It's the only function I could find that seems made for this..
only it doesn't work. (or I don't know how to use it).

Any ideas/clues anyone?

Thanks a lot!
--
Daniel Pekelharing