Re: rotation of an image ...

hi Fredderic,
thanx for ur guidance. I will search for some image libraries. can you suggest me any such libraries which is fast as well as giving enough good results.

with thanx
-Rajesh TS

Freddie Unpenstein wrote:

how to rotate an image to an arbitrary (say for ex. 50.35 degrees) using gtk/gdk libraries ?

GTK is a highly capable generalised GUI library, for doing general GUI tasks, which I believe now also
includes basic rotation of an image (useful if you want to use arrow.gif instead of the arrow widget
supplied).

But arbitrary image rotation is a very complicated task, which can be done a variety of different ways
depending on how fast, accurate and visually pleasing you want the result to be.  There's even a difficulty
in how big should the resultant image be?  Should it be clipped?  Should it be expanded? etc.  That is not
the province of a general purpose GUI library.

Go find yourself a nice image library instead, or figure out how to do it on your own.

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com