Using GtkRuler

hi

I am trying to implement GtkRuler in my applicaiton.

Here is my widget tree

Table
     Horizontal Ruler
     Vertical Ruler
     Scrolled Window
          Viewport
               EventBox
                   GtkImage

In case my GtkImage is scrollable my rulers dont give
the correct values and if i put the rulers in the
scrolled window widget they are hidden if i scroll to
the bottom left corner. Could someone give me a
suggestion.
I have implemented as follows:

#define EVENT_METHOD(i, x) GTK_WIDGET_GET_CLASS(i)->x

g_signal_connect_swapped (G_OBJECT (eventbox1),
"motion_notify_event",
                              G_CALLBACK (EVENT_METHOD
(Img_Prc_Act_Img_Hrz_Scl, motion_notify_event)),
                              G_OBJECT
(Img_Prc_Act_Img_Hrz_Scl));

g_signal_connect_swapped (G_OBJECT (eventbox1),
"motion_notify_event",
                              G_CALLBACK (EVENT_METHOD
(Img_Prc_Act_Img_Vtc_Scl, motion_notify_event)),
                              G_OBJECT
(Img_Prc_Act_Img_Vtc_Scl));

Thank You
Abhishek Samuel