gtk_window_set_default_icon_list()

I've gone looking through the API, and I'll be stuffed if I can figure something out...

As I understand it, you're supposed to load the icons into GdkPixbuf's, store them in a GSList, and then feed
that list to the gtk_window_set_default_icon_list() function.  But what then?

Does the function keep the list you gave it, or does it make a copy and expect you to clean it up.  How about
the images; does it take an extra reference, and expect you to release yours?  What if you give it a new
list; what happens to the old list and the old images?  What if I modify the list after giving it to the
function?

Appart from affecting all new windows vs. a specific window, are there any other differences (especially in
terms of memory management) between this function and  gtk_window_set_icon_list()?

Stay tuned, for someone who has a clue to give you this, and other exciting answers...  Same GTK time, same
GTK channel...!  ;)

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com