Re: How to get GtkWindow associed with XID?

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 15:56 +0200, jacktm wrote:
Owen Taylor wrote:

If you need to embed a GTK+ widget into a non-GTK+
application you'll need to implement the embedder side of
the XEMBED protocol.

http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/xembed-spec

Regards,
                                    Owen

But gdk_window_foreign_new wraps XID by GdkWindow.
What I need to do next is to wrap GdkWindow by GtkWindow.
Isn't it possible? It should be the same situation as
I have GdkWindow and I want to create GtkWidget as
child of GdkWindow. It should be possible, but it doesn't work
for me...

GtkWindow doesn't *wrap* a GdkWindow, it *creates* a GdkWindow with
specialized attributes. An arbitrary XWindow created by someone
else won't have the right attributes.

Regards,
                                                Owen