Re: nested gdk_threads_enter() hangs: linux/gcc vs. win32/mingw?

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 12:26 +0200, Felix Kater wrote:
Hi,

I am using the same code on win32/mingw and linux/gcc, however, when I execute the code on linux, the
programm hangs at the second (nested) call of gdk_threads_enter(), see below.

Am I doing something illegal to use nested calls of gdk_threads_enter()?
If not, is there a flag to allow/disallow nested calls I miss on linux?

The GDK mutex is not recursive, unless the operating system only has
recursive mutexes. So, no, you can't do that. You'll need to restructure
the code.

Regards,
                                                Owen