Re: nested gdk_threads_enter() hangs: linux/gcc vs. win32/mingw?

Hi,

first let me thank you!

Juergen Dankoweit <Juergen Dankoweit T-Online de> wrote:

Funny. On FreeBSD I have no problems with nested calls of
gdk_threads_enter()/gdk_threads_leave().

[...]

This mutex-semaphore is gdk-wide.

[...]

As you can see, you MUST not call them nested!

If you don't have problems with nested calls of gdk_threads_enter()
either (like me on win32) then there must be some more magic behind the
gdk_threads_enter thing than just a global semaphore... How can it
determine if a call is a nested call from the same thread which is
allowed -- and a call from a foreign thread which is not allowed?

Felix