Efficiency curiosity...

I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light on a small question I've been asking myself for quite a
while...

When manually building a window (or part thereof), with all its containers and widgets, I generally create
the window, then create and add the containers and widgets as I go along.

However, I've always suspected that doing it that way would be less efficient than creating the widgets
first, and then putting them into containers (although somewhat more readable).  I know the difference is
pretty irrelevant (it only happens at window creation time anyhow), but since I occasionally do create the
widgets first (hey, makes sense to me! ;) ), it'd be nice to know which is the more efficient.

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com