Re: GtkTextView horizontal seperators...

I was wondering if anyone knows how I could draw a horizontal
red line across a GtkTextView buffer.

I could probably throw in a GtkHSeperator widget, or something,
but it's not a red line.
Well, you can always use your own widget, which can be whatever
you wish, for instance a red line.

I suppose fiddling with the style of the seperator could probably produce a red line also...  Perhaps I need
to rip the guts out of GtkHSeparator, and put together a "thin red line" widget...  ;)

Does anyone know what kind of overhead considerations exist for a widget within the text buffer?  Would a
h-line widget be "cheaper" than an image or a stack of very small writing with red forground and background
colours?

I could throw in an image which is a red line, but how would I
get it to stretch right across the width of the page?  (At the
moment, I'm using a 250 pixel wide line
Maybe you can try to connect to "size-allocate" signal of the text\
view and resize your widget/image when it happens.

True enough...  Could get sticky if there's several of them though...

As I understood it from somewhere, you can ask to be allowed to draw markers and so forth down the sides,
though I've never been able to find the mechanism to do it.

Is there any facility, other than embedding a GtkDrawingArea or your own widget, to create a stripe across
the page that you will recieve expose events for, and can simply colour red?  Or is that exactly what the
widget embedding facility is?

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com