GTK scribble example

Hi,

I'm making a small drawing program with GTK, and I'm having an issue that's also in the "scribble" example tutorial (using this as an example because people would likely know what I'm talking about that way). Anyways, the issue that I'm having is that the program doesn't receive mouse movement events for every pixel that the mouse moves, especially when the mouse moves fast. I know one way around this would be to have it make a line between the current mouse location and the last known one, but the line resulting from that much less smooth than the pencil tool in gimp (with 1px brush and antialising turned off). So my question is, how do I make it receive more mouse movement events, even when the mouse is moving fast, or how can I get around such problems in a way that's smooth unlike just making lines to the last known location of the mouse.

      Thanks,
            Alex Schultz