Re: Use the same canvasitem 2 times

On Sat, 07 May 2005 16:56:54 +0200
Felix Bueltmann <mailing list visionexe de> wrote:

Is there any other way, to do a synchronous update of both items?
Can I stop the automatic refresh and just do the refreshs if I need
them?

Well - again as far as I know, there is no easy solution. It depends on
what you want to do really:

-if you want to update all at once, wait to do all the updates to the
items, and do them at once without permitting GTK to enter the idle
loop (which is where the gnome canvas gets redrawn)

-if you want to draw things over time, and not want to update, it's
probably better to draw on an invisible layer (=group) and switch the
layers on the moment you want to update.

It would probably be possible to stop the canvas from updating
altogether, but that would cause problems if you move something over the
canvas (other window).

John