Re: GTK window and thread

On 05/02/2005 09:50:55 AM, Frederic Beck wrote:
Hello

Here's my problem : i have a daemon running in the background, and i want it to show popups after some events.

I'm new in using GTK, so i took a look at the tutorial, and i managed to create the window and show it. The popup window is closed when pressing on a button.

As i don't want this popup to be blocking for the daemon, i wanted to put it in a thread using pthread.

You don't need to use threads. Just gtk_widget_show the popup window, with a signal-handler for the button-press--it'll return immediately.