Re: GTK window and thread
- From: Peter Bloomfield <peterbloomfield bellsouth net>
- To: Frederic Beck <frederic beck loria fr>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>, gtk <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GTK window and thread
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 03:38:42 +0000
On 05/02/2005 09:50:55 AM, Frederic Beck wrote:
Here's my problem : i have a daemon running in the background,
and i want it to show popups after some events.
I'm new in using GTK, so i took a look at the tutorial, and i
managed to create the window and show it. The popup window is
closed when pressing on a button.
As i don't want this popup to be blocking for the daemon, i
wanted to put it in a thread using pthread.
You don't need to use threads. Just gtk_widget_show the popup
window, with a signal-handler for the button-press--it'll return
] [Thread Prev