Re: Segfault and cheep mend of gtk_combo_box_get_active_text

Bien le bonjour,
Guten Tag,
and good morning to all others ! (Oh : chao also !)

void selecter(GtkComboBox *combo)
{
    gchar *name;

    if ((name = gtk_combo_box_get_active_text
                 (GTK_COMBO_BOX(my_combo_box))) == NULL){
        printf("What are we doing in here ???");
    } else {
       printf("Ok %s \n", name);};
}

The point is here, that my_combo_box COULD not be initialized.
In my programs  I had several problems with that behavior and I solved
this by using the widget that is declared in the function call. In your
example it is combo. So the code looks like:

void selecter(GtkComboBox *combo)
{
     gchar *name;

     if ((name = gtk_combo_box_get_active_text
                  (combo)) == NULL){
         printf("What are we doing in here ???");
     } else {
        printf("Ok %s \n", name);};
}

Well I tried both in my very hackish programming way :-)
and both crashed. The signal you sent was "changed", yes ?
Best,
Amities,
         Olivier
--
1rst of May: no work, but demonstration FOR work.