Re: gtk_calendar_get_date once again

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:15:06 +0200 (CEST)
"Hubert Sokolowski" <h sokolowski wsisiz edu pl> wrote:

but why it returns (GDateMonth - 1) ?
It is not compatible with GDate !

It does not return the date in GDate format anyway, so the
issue of incompatibility does not arise.
As the prototype says,
void gtk_calendar_get_date(GtkCalendar*, guint*, guint*, guint*);

I guess it is upto the user to get the dd-mm-yyyy and then
convert it to GDate, if such an API exists.
yes but the docs for GtkCalendar does not say it returns month in range
0-11, and it can be confusing. I reported a doc bug for this but it
hasn't been fixed for months.

And the manual says in

http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/gtk/GtkCalendar.html#GtkCalendar-struct

Note

Note that month is zero-based (i.e it allowed values are 0-11) while
selected_day is one-based (i.e. allowed values are 1-31).