Re: gtk-app-devel-list Digest, Vol 11, Issue 35

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:27:31 +0100 (CET)
From: "Hubert Sokolowski" <h sokolowski wsisiz edu pl>
Subject: Re: Change color of widgets
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

HI,

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:16:36 +0100, Hubert SokoÂłowski
<h sokolowski wsisiz edu pl> wrote:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-modify-bg
another way would be to use themes and two different gtkrc files.

Can you point me any sample source code? Probably any (preferably
small) project which uses this technique?

try this code to change the background of all widgets
gtk_rc_parse_string("style \"background\"\n"
                      "{\n"
                      "bg[NORMAL] = \"#646464\"\n"
                      "}"
                      "widget_class \"*\" style \"background\"");

hs

------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for all of your input and the examples.

I look all over the gtk manual but I can't find gtk_rc_parse_string. I may
have overlook. Could you point me to the documentation and which *.h file
contains the declaration of gtk_rc_parse_string?
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Resource-Files.html#gtk-rc-parse-string

How can I read the widgets' default color settings? I need to save the
original values so that I can change the widgets' colors back to its
original.

there should an answer here
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html
but I cannot find it