Re: Toolbar style

Soeren Sandmann wrote:
Paul Pogonyshev <pogonyshev gmx net> writes:
No, no matter with which version of GTK+ I compile, toolbars don't
react to changes in GNOME's ``Menu and Toolbar Preferences'' dialog.
Actually, looking at `gedit's code, it seems I need `libbonobo' for
that...  Can anybody confirm this?

You don't need libbonobo for that. If the program
gnome-settings-daemon is running, then GtkToolbars should
automatically adapt to the gnome setting.

Try running the testtoolbar program that comes with gtk+. That program
doesn't use bonobo or gconf but should adapt when you cahnge the
settings in the "Menu and Toolbar Preferences Dialog".

Ah, indeed.  The problem is that I use KDE as the desktop.

It seems to work when `gnome-settings-daemon' is running, however,
for some reason ``Priority text beside icons'' works exactly as
``Text below icons'' (it works fine when set from my Preferences
dialog explicitly.)  Any ideas?  My very old GNOME might be the
problem, though.

Paul